104 views

269-370-****

2015 Chevy Cruze

VIN: 1G1PC5SB5 F727****

Miles: 101,001

RE: The Trials And Tribulations Of Dealing With Chevrolet and A Service Bulletin

Dear Chevrolet:

On 12/26/2020 I started the car and many caution lights engaged, including anti-lock brakes, service traction system, service stabilitrac, power steering. This was a first and I turned off the ignition, checked for broken belts and leaking fluids. All appeared fine. I started the car and all the same indicators came on.

This time I attempted to drive and there was no power steering. I went inside to attempt some detective work on youtube and found the GM Service Bulletin 14311B, Special Coverage. The bulletin described my issues and indicated my Cruze was within the parameters of the Special Coverage. Thirty minutes had passed and I went to start the car.

It started perfectly, no caution lights and the power steering was working well.

The problem is, what will happen if this reoccurs while my wife has the car?

The negative terminal, per your Bulletin and common sense, needs to be replaced. Thats what your experts have diagnosed the solution to be, which must be a common occurrence or there would be no Bulletin No. 14311B.

This next part is where things took an unanticipated twist. I phone the local Chevrolet dealer, (John Tapper, Paw Paw, MI 49069), and their service department, Megan, had never heard of or had access to the Bulletin.

She gave me the 800-222-**** number and told to give them a try. I was eventually connected with Samantha. After 70 minutes her advice was to go to my.gm.com/recalls, which I already found talking with Samantha. I explained Id been there already and recalls are not special bulletins and could I please have either the email to file a formal complaint or give me a supervisor.

Samantha gave me to Gee, Samanthas supervisor (horrible connection and heavy accent). Same playbook routine and I asked for a person in the technical department (877-558-****). Same playbook and was given to Arnal who sent me to Chrystal. It has now been 195 minutes.

Chrystal told me to talk to Tapper and tell them she sent me (this was another 44 minutes). I told her we should call them together and I was sure it would mean something coming from her. (Prelude: I did obtain this email address from Gee using, Is there an email address for complaints, yes or no. Also, Gee explained to me that by using the last 8 alpha-numeric symbols of my VIN on the 2015 Cruze, she could ascertain it did not qualify for the Special Coverage Adjustment.

When I questioned Gee as to why not it was a 4 minute spin that could have saved us both 3 minutes and 57 seconds if she would have said, I havent a clue.) After much time, Chrystal said she had Tapper on the line and was it OK to have a three way so she could get them up to speed, (Which I thought was the point prior to her phone call to them.), and I said Certainly. I was now talking to Zach at Tappers in Paw Paw who was kind, considerate and professional. I asked Zach where Chrystal was and he informed me Chrystal had asked for his manager and he informed her that she had that day off. When I asked Zach if Crystal explained the situation he said no but how could he help me.

Almost 240 minutes and all I could do was admire pure profligacy, (Never saw it before).

That is not the term William Durant envisioned someone in 2020 would be using to describe one of GMs stronger attributes.

All the above leads up to this simple question: If my 2015 Cruze is using the same negative battery cable as the Cruzes that qualify for the replacement per your Bulletin and my 2015 Cruze is experiencing the exact same symptoms described in your Service Bulletin, why dont you cover it?

Sincerely,

Kevin P. Moran

P.S.: My mother Passed on 1-3-2021 and I was engaged in the funeral and estate requirements which explains the lapse in time from 12/26/20 to 1/26/21.

Preferred solution: Comply with Special Bulletin No. 14311B.

Explore video interviews