George P Vcm

Verified Buyer

Broken transmission

Chevrolet - Broken transmission
A few weeks back, my Silverado 2500 HD 6.6 gas 2021's torque converter was damaged. Now the truck is at the dealer, and I don't have any transportation to go and meet my clients. It's a disappointment that a vehicle with 36,000 miles on it would be broken. I'm the only owner as I got the vehicle with 000 miles on it. Anyways, I hope that GM does something about it. As of right now, I'm stuck.
Cons:
  • Nice vehicle and strong

Preferred solution: Full refund

Kristian S Xax

Info request

Chevrolet - Info request
Got an old engine laying around in the forrest behind my house and after a bit of searcing i think its an old stovebolt-engine. I found the number: 132**** GM on it, is that something you can provide some info about?

Preferred solution: Just some info if you guys can find out something

Keegan K Cpi

| map-marker Sand Lake, Wisconsin

Tailgate opening

Chevrolet - Tailgate opening
I have a 2024 Silverado 2500 hd. My tailgate opened on its own while pulling my boat. In result my tailgate got dented and the skeg of my trolling motor punched *** through my tailgate. I know there is a recall on these tailgates for this reason. Just wondering what I need to do to get it fixed. Thanks
Cons:
  • Tailgates opening

Preferred solution: Full refund

Verified Buyer

Our Chevrolet story

Our Chevrolet story
Original review Mar 17, 2024

We owned a 2014 Silverado that we bought brand new. On July 17, 2023, we were hit head on by a drunk driver who was arrested at the scene.

Our truck which was like new was totaled. 2 weeks later, we were told that our 2007 Silverado had a cracked frame from age and rust. Part of the Money we got from the other persons insurance co., had to go towards buying my spouse a new equinox to replace the 2007 in order to be able to get to and from work. I am self employed and the money we will get from a settlement is not enough to buy a new Silverado.

My question is, is there anything you can do to help us get another new Silverado with a payment that we can afford. We were told we were lucky to survive the crash, but GM's safety measures saved us. Thank you Chevrolet. We hope you can help us in this matter.

we are looking for a Silverado RST.

Preferably in lakeshore blue but color doesn't matter a whole lot. Bill Jones Long time Chevy owner (513) 474 - **** (513) 910 - ****

Pros:
  • Best truck for the money

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: chevy safety standards saved our lives

Guest

Replacing your 2007 car is part of every day expenses. You chose to use some of the insurance money to pay for that. That insurance money was all for replacing the totaled car.

Guest

lol! How can a 9 year old vehicle be “like new”?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2501982

probably because I take good care of my vehicles

yes they do

reply icon Replying to comment of william j joey45255

The payment is the same for everyone depending on the price, amount financed and your credit score. If you are looking for financial assistance or special treatment, you need to choose something less expensive.

Guest

Silverado RST. Don’t they start at $51,000?

View more comments (5)
Kandace L Scn

| map-marker Laconia, New Hampshire

Dissapointment in chevy

I was 2,500 miles from home when my 2019 Silverado started sounding and acting funny. I had it looked at at a nearby Chevy dealership and to no one's surprise the lifters had failed.

The price quoted was $3,600 and a month to do the repair. The second quote (if the cam was involved) was $6,500 and months to repair. I ended up selling the truck back to Chevy for close to the remainder of my loan. I'm seeing it advertised now for $25,000.

After I spent hundreds of dollars to rent a car to get back home, I began reading about the common lifter problems in these trucks and if you're lucky enough to still be under warranty, Chevy will replace just the lifter that failed.

I lost any equity I had in the truck, which was approximately $12,000.

I've bought numerous Chevy trucks starting in 1977 and am at this point afraid to buy another one. These trucks should be recalled. Chevy has totally disappointed a lot of its loyal customers at this point including myself. I know you are aware of this problem and are not doing the right thing to remedy it.

You only have yourself to blame when your company goes under...and it will.

You can't sell junk and expect customers to continue to buy your product. I'm sorry, I'm so disappointed after all these years for your lack of customer care and pride in your product.

User's recommendation: Stop buying chevy silverados until the company fixed the problems once and for all.

Jeff T Qom

| map-marker Brisbane, Queensland

Engine light

Hi my 2018 midnight edition 2500 Silverado 6.6 duramax diesel. The engine light keeps coming on Ive had this problem for a long time code is PO1D1 it saying number 4 injector over retarted I have number 4 injector replaced and still made no difference. I just came across a forum saying there a there a problem and that customer are waiting on update well it 2024 and still no fix car out of warranty now but this problem was announced in 2018 I hoping you can bring this to your attention please and have it resolved at no cost to me Ive have spent so much already and to be honest Im sick of it
Marie A Uiv

| map-marker Seattle, Washington

2003 Suburban

I just wanted to pass along how happy I am with my 21 year old Suburban. Bought it right from the Chevy showroom in 2003.

I've put many miles on it driving across the country with my dogs to dog shows for 18 of those years. I have had the transmission replaced a year ago and multiple other things also but all were way less than I would have had to pay for a new Suburban. Mine is spotless and even traveling with dogs it remains that way to this day. As I have aged it has become harder to park in cities but I can still do it comfortably.

I have had the same mechanic look after it all these years and he is independent. He said it is one of the easiest vehicles to service. I have it detailed at least once every 2 months and washed weekly. It still sparkles and I am so proud of this ownership.

I recently met a Canadian Customs agent who has the same year and same exterior and interior color.

He was amazed at the shape mine was in and his was the same. He has 424,000 KM and mine just reached 240,000 miles.

Thank you for this wonderful vehicle that I treasure.

Chris S Inl

| map-marker Buena Park, California

Complaint about Customer Service at Dealership

I had a broken side mirror on my Chevrolet so I went to Premier Chevrolet in Buena Park, CA on Dec 22. The service writer told me I needed one or two parts to make the repair but they would have to be ordered.

So I paid in advance for the lesser expensive part. I returned to the dealer Dec 26 and left the vehicle for installation. It was determined I needed the other part not ordered instead, so that part was ordered as it was in at a nearby dealer.

When I went to pick up the car I noticed the mirror matched in color the same as the car. I was told my part would have to be painted as it came in black.

I then looked at the mirror and it appeared to be the old part installed, not the new one. It had minor scratches on it.. The mechanic admitted he had not used the new part because the old one was already painted. I then asked for the part I paid for and he gave it to me in the shipping protective bag.

I then went to the cashier for refund and was eventually told after much discussion that I needed the receipt. Premier claims they dont have access to the receipts even when it was just a couple days prior. So I left the dealership after telling them I would dispute the credit card charge and write up many bad reviews.

On my way home I received a call from my service writer that he had made a copy of my parts receipt and attached it to the repair order so I could return for a refund. I then turned around and returned to Premier Chevrolet.

Upon arrival there, there was silence from the employees when I entered. The cashier was busy on her cell phone but eventually was told someone would be called to help me. Seven minutes later a man who didnt identify himself said How can I help you I said you dont know why I am here? Is there no communications between your staff.

He then repeated the same line again. I then walked a few steps to my service writer and asked him to please explain to this man why I am here. I am sure he knew exactly why I was there, he was just playing with me. Once I told him why I drove back to the dealership he said we need the receipt.

I told him the service writer had a copy he made when I brought the car in. He then said where is the box. He said we cant take it back without the original box. I told him I never had the mirror or box.

It was ordered by your parts department staff and delivered directly to the dealership. I asked why cant someone just go back into the garage and get the box. To which the parts manager said its not his job to dig around looking for it. I said its only been a few minutes and the mechanic can certainly located it since he knows where he set it.

Eventually, someone went to get the box. So now they had the box but insisted on the original receipt. This is for a $77.00 plastic part. I had to ask the man who he was and asked for a business card also.

I was told I would have to return the next day with the original receipt even though they had made a copy of it earlier in the day. I told them all that this was bad customer service and asked do you think I would ever buy a new car here or even come back for service.

California auto repair dealers are required to return the old parts if asked and usually do even if not asked. In this case no used parts where returned, in fact the dealership was going to keep the new part I had paid for and was not needed. When I discovered their scam, they then decided to make it hard to get a refund.

I will never return to this dealership for service or purchase.

I will tell as many people as possible to never go there because of poor customer service and parts scam. I am in the market for a new car but will perhaps not even consider Chevrolet. I have been a loyal Chevrolet owner for many years and this current vehicle is my 12th Chevrolet.

I asked the parts manager to have the general manager call me the next day. Time will tell.

Cons:
  • Poor customer satisfaction
  • Lack of communications

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay away ffrom this dealership

Guest

I never received contact from management as requested. Instead I was emailed an offer for a free oil change which I don't need and wouldn't trust them to work on my car anyway. After 40 years of owning Chevrolet cars and trucks exclusively, I have now purchased a non GM vehicle.

Resolved
Amaan Afk

Resolved: 2023 Chevy Colorado Parts Shortage

Updated by user Mar 20, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Service contacted my son.

They offered cash (1200) and a miracle, the missing part arrived the next day. He has his truck back after sitting on the lot for 3 1/2 months.

Original review Mar 05, 2024
My son purchased a new 2023 Chevy Colorado in October of 2023. He drove the truck for 3 weeks then unfortunately hit a deer.

The damage was minimal and he was still able to drive the truck. He took it to the body shop on Dec. 7th. It is still there.

They cannot get parts to fix the truck (damage is 8K). That's 3 months and there is still no end in sight. GM will not compensate him as he paid cash for the truck (a big saver my son). They won't extend his warranty as his truck has been sitting in the shop for 1/4 of the year already.

I will never ever purchase another GM vehicle.

They make a truck and cannot support it. The customer service stinks.
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Extend the warranty and give some cash compensation.

User's recommendation: Boycott General Motors

Salvatore C Hxk

| map-marker Staten Island, New York

Paint coming off my 2015 Chevy Trax

Since 2021, paint has been peeling/cracking/coming off certain areas of my truck. This should not be happening to a truck this young, just sitting parked most of the time. I barely have 35k miles on it. I've gotten estimates from Maaco that it would cost between $2100-$2400 to paint, which i dont have. What can GM do for me in this situation? I've read many complaints of this same thing happening to other peoples Chevy Trax on www.cargurus.com
Al f Wwk

| map-marker Cocoa, Florida

Extremely poor customer service from the dealership

Re: Bob Steele Chevrolet, 2800 W King St, Cocoa, Fl 32926

On November 21st at 2:30 p.m. I took my Chev Silverado 2500 diesel truck in for an appointment arranged for 8:30 the next day, thought Id get ahead of the game and leave the truck on the lot so they could get started promptly.

I wanted a repair on the hill assist and rumble seat functions which appeared to be inoperative on the trip to Florida. I stood alone, no one else waiting for service, in the service advisors area and waited 10 minutes being ignored the entire time. Finally, I moved up to an advisor position and said to the person whom I later learned was Jacob Pauley, am I in the right place for service? Reluctantly he booked me in.

I then waited an hour for a shuttle to take me home. Things hadnt gotten off to a good start, I had no idea how bad they were going to be later.

I waited the entire next day with no report on progress on my vehicle even though I phoned at noon to inquire, I was told it was in the shop, Jacob would call me back in couple of hours, I never heard from Jakob or anyone else. Supposedly the truck was in the shop, that status would have been good if in fact it was true and the truck actually was in the shop but that statement was an exaggeration or outright lie to pacify the customer calling.

The next day was a statutory holiday, Thanksgiving, and the dealership was closed. No one had called me toward the end of the day to ask do you need your vehicle or will you be okay if its left here?

I had planned to grocery shop for the thanksgiving weekend, but that was out.

At 9:00 a.m. Friday morning I called again, couldnt get an answer at service, after period of time the phone reception person picked up again, she couldnt get an answer at service either, she would send a note to Jacob asking for a return call, I told her I had been down that road with no return call from Jacob before, I wanted this escalated so I could get my truck back, she would refer me to a Service Supervisor. I asked her name, Lee, I spelled out her name and she agreed. She was very courteous and apologetic.

There was no response after an hours wait for the Service Managers call.

I called again at 10:00, apparently no Lee person at the dealership. Spoke with Dee at service, she was not the person whom I spoke to earlier, I insisted on speaking with the owner or manager of the dealership, she was reluctant to put me through and wanted to refer me to a service supervisor again, no way Id go for that, finally she agreed to put me through to the Dealership Manager, indicating his name was Billie Olsen. At extension 3106 I went directly to voice mail. I never received a return call.

At 11:05 I called service again, waited for 5 minutes for the phone to be answered.

The phone system returned my call to the receptionist whose name was Dee, she speculated that the truck might be ready Monday or Tuesday next week. I asked for a status report on the truck, can I come and get it now, Ill take it somewhere else an other time. She checked and indicated the technician is in and it is being worked on. I was told to call her back about 4:00 if I did not hear from someone.

At 3:30 having heard nothing, I called back, Paula explained she was at an off site scheduling centre, she told me to call 321 63*-*** hit 0 that is the dealership reception, have them make inquiries for me. I tried that, and reached Patty, she indicated that Jakob was in, she will walk over to service and give him the message, I told her I would hold on the phone as I cant rely on Jakob calling me back. While Im holding, a male person answers the phone without identifying himself, I asked who is this and finally learned it was Jakob. The truck was ready, just repaired today, said he texted me, I didnt get the text.

A phone call to say your truck is ready would be appropriate, a text message is not appropriate. I quizzed him as to why it took so long, why he didnt keep in touch with me. He came up with a number of excuses, the diesel mechanic technician was off for a few days, i asked why didnt he tell me it could take four days to fix these little issues, I would have come back another time, his explanation sounded like they didnt fix either of the problems anyway. Why didnt he tell me about these issues from the beginning, I would have brought the truck in another time, there was no response.

On Saturday my neighbour gave me a ride to the dealership and I picked up my truck.

Then came Monday morning and I did not hear from anyone, the dealership owner/manager, or the service manager, in response to my earlier calls.

Needless to say, the complete lack of communication from the dealership personnel to the me was maddening and frustrating.

Never mind being without my vehicle for many days. There is simply no excuse for keeping a customers vehicle for this length of time and not communicating with the customer.

Based on the experience with this dealership, this is my last General Motors vehicle purchase, Ill give Ford or Dodge my business next time.

Guest

Where do you get 4 days? Your appt was Wednesday morning , Thursday was a holiday and it was ready Friday afternoon. You picked it up Saturday morning.

Keymari Sgv

| map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

I have a 2014 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado truck and the engine is gone I owe 34,000. On the vehicle it cost 14,000.00 to fix it my warranty is out I need help

I was driving and pulled up to a college to give a student a ride home and the truck just started shaking and now they say it needs a new engine I can barely pay the note I need help

User's recommendation: We need to be offered more than 36000 miles on used vehicles

Keymari Sgv

I prefer something to email me or call me

Jose P Wuu

| map-marker Nesconset, New York

File a complaint

Smithtown Cherolet is charging customers $ 5,000.00 over sticker price. I asked why and they said all dealerships are doing this which is not true. What is the Cherolet Corperation going to do about this as they are robbing your customers?

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don't shop at any dealer that is charging over the sticker price.

Taverou S

So my Chevy Camaro just 10 years old anf I can’t drive it anymore because they stop making the power steering gear outlet pipe!

Chevrolet - So my Chevy Camaro just 10 years old anf I can’t drive it anymore because they stop...
I called everyone and Chevy just told me sorry It's nothing they can do about it! The part number is 9224**** my car not drivableNot having this hose cost me mone for 2 towing trips and did damage to my power steering pump! I been a Chevy owner all my life and never had a problem like this!
Loss:

Preferred solution: My car fix

User's recommendation: No trust to have a Chevy over 8 years

Scott H Ppi

2016 Corvette

I am 59 years old and a life long chevy guy, from my first car a 1968 Chevelle , multiple Camaros , Monte Carlos, K2500 pickups and last 3 vehicles being Suburbans. In 2016 I bought a brand new corvette from Kerbeck Corvette in Atlantic City.

This car lives in a temperature controlled garage and has never seen rain or snow. It currently has 7900 miles on it. Only serviced from Mt Kisco Chevrolet. I recently heard a tapping noise from the engine so I made an appointment to bring it in.

I dropped it off Friday 3/29 . I received a call monday saying that the car had a bad lifter and would require removing the head and seeing if the cam was damaged, changing the lifters is a minimum of 5000.00 dollars and more if cam is damaged. The car is out of warranty due to age yet only has 7900 miles. I received a call from Mt Kisco today informing the cam is damaged and must be changed as well, Now my repair cost is in excess of 10,000.00.

They tell me Chevrolet wont do anything to help me. What am I to do I have to fix the car is taken apart . I am a working man , a carpenter, Marine Corps Veteran and proud American. Please HELP me.

I eagerly await an answer. Thank You Scott L Henriques 6 Century Trail Harrison New York 10528, slhbuilder@***.net

Loss:

Thomas S Dxk

| map-marker Detroit, Michigan

Parts Factory Repair Manual

Chevrolet - Parts Factory Repair Manual
I asked Chevrolet a question, I said, Im searching for a repair guide for my specific 2010 Chevy Malibu. The step by step instructions, part numbers guide and wiring diagram. Vin # ----- Chevrolet responded by referring me to my local dealership. I had gotten tired of multitasking forthe basic portions of numerous tasks and Chevy left me with square one to start again.
Pros:
  • I seen a chevy survive a tornado without budging
Cons:
  • Chevy dont give a hoot about accomodating consumers

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Try explaining that you don't want chores from the start when Chevy can simply accomodate you

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article