Update added by user Jul 23, 2015
Update: I will never ever buy a GM product again.I fought with GM for 4 months on this matter.
Even there legal department got involved. GM agreed to reprogram the transmission back to what it was before all this started. I had the attorney Generals office involved & I think this is the only reason GM agreed to the reprogram. When I was involved with the legal department they made it very clear to me that the only reason they are going to fix it again even though it is under factory warranty was that the federal government was making them other then that they did not care one little bit about me or my vehicle.
They told me two days before 4th of July they I only 9 days to bring it in including the long holiday and if I did not then the offer was off the table. Now I have the transmission reprogramed back to what it was but there is still a problem with these trucks transmissions clutches wearing to fast. The reprogram was supposed to fix that problem. I have never experienced such poor customer service or have ever been treated this bad is all my life.
A warning to buyers of GM trucks that you attach other units to the back of pick up trucks and cut off vans. This warning goes out to towns states and contractors. RUN!!!!!. GM does not have the resources to repair these vehicle's.
Most of the new dealerships can not fit the truck into there garages. I was told only one dealer with in 175 miles of my home can work on it. And they were just as bad as GM. Look around and see most of the cutoffs and trucks with units added to the back are fords.
There is a reason for this. GM will not stand behind the vehicle if the dealer can not fit it into there garage. And they will not tell you that when they sell you the truck.
The new GM is still the same old GM poor quality & the worst customer service you can not ever imagine.NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!
Original review posted by user May 18, 2015
To all GM buyers,
This is my Story. I am a loyal 25+ year GM owner. Pictured here are my last GM products I will ever own. My 2010 Chevrolet Express motorhome has run for almost 5 years with not one problem, GM sent me a letter telling me that some owners were having problems with there Transmissions and that I needed to bring it in for just a reprogramming. After that I took the motorhome on a trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the truck shifted really bad going up hills at slow speeds. I had to call GM because I could not find a dealer that would work on it. The Dealer I bought it from is not licensed to work on GM products but can sell them. GM found a dealer who looked at it drove it and even wrote on the repair slip that he felt chugging on underload. Tech asst, told him to tell me to use higher octane. % years of driving it with not problems and they reprogram the tranny and no I have to use a higher octane. Called GM and this is where my nightmare started. I was put in touch with Cassandra from Senior adviser and right from the beginning she had a attitude with me. Lying to and then making promises only to break them after. She promised she would call back and never did and then said she wrote down the wrong number and I find that funny because after the weekend she called me but never asked me for the right number. I spent 4 hours on the phone with GM and only hung up after my cordless went dead. Worst experience I have ever had with a company. Now I find out my brand new Colorado has two open recalls. That means that GM does not have the parts or know how to fix them. But who needs front brakes or your front seat bolted in right. RUN !!!!! people GM has not changed and does not care one bit about you. Follow up. Cassandra just called me 5/18/15 and left a message telling there are no other dealers in my State that will work on my motorhome even though there are hundreds of GM dealers in my state. Nice I a truck under factory warranty that no one will fix anf a new truck that has recalls that GM did not even let me know about. DO NOT BUY GM. They have not changed.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poorly made
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- 2010 Chevrolet Express
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "After purchasing a 2016 Coachmen 378RE, the following quality concerns with the manufacturer and the dealer were discovered. • Coachmen RV has an ineffective quality program. • Coachmen RV warranty resolution process has not..."
- "Freedom Boat Club Myrtle Beach is a scam they target elderly people because they say they are "easier to get money out of and they never use the boats because..."
- "I went to the Cherry Hill Kia dealership to purchase a second vehicle. They didn't have what I wanted so I went home. The next day I got a call..."
- "-Diagnosed bad motherboard needed to be replaced by highly trained ET (With my limited knowledge,I was better qualified than these people)-ET wiped drive clean and installed new Home Premium OS..."
- "In my Attempt to reach out to a Coldwell Banker agent in the Dedham office to obtain assistance with an inquiry I had regarding a specific rental listing. Immediately upon..."
- "I fell for their offer of a 30 day supply for $4.95, received the product, and then a surprise, my credit card charged $59.95. When I called about this, the person..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."