2.8

Hello, I currently drive a 2014 Chevrolet Impala LTZ, and i have always loved everything about this car. I previously owned a 2008 Impala LTZ and i also loved the car aswell.

Recently the power steering has failed on my 2014 Impala, and i have been told that the "Steering Gear" needs to be replaced and it will cost $5000. The Chevrolet dealerships have told me that this part is out of stock across North America and it may take 3-4 months to get this part in stock. I use my car for work everyday, i can not be without a car to drive. Also the $5000 that i was quoted to repair this issue seems to be abit ridiculous.

Especially because the Power steering has a known issue. There is a recall on my 2014 Impala. That being said, i want this to be repaired at no cost, and i would like i free Courtesy for the time being. The Recall # 14330 states that the power steering will stop working and and alert will pop up on the dash, and a ground wire will meed to be repaired and also software will need to be updated.

The dealership has told me that even tho i have had the exact same issue as the recall word for word, but apparently a different part needs replacing. This simply sounds like Chevrolet made a mistake with the steering system, and they would like all customers to pay $5000 and also wait 4 months for parts. I need sombody to reach out to myself directly and get this issue resolved immediately. If i have to pay $5000 for this i will never by a Chevrolet ever again.

Currently my Impala is at "New Roads Chevrolet" in Newmarket Ontario. I purchased this car in 2018 from "Budds Chevrolet" in Oakville Ontario. I am extremely upset with the service i received from the call center reps.

The lady i spoke with said "There is nothing we can do to help you.. sorry"

User's recommendation: Do not ever buy a Chevrolet Vehicle!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Chevrolet Pros: Affordable cars.

Chevrolet Cons: Parts are not available if your car breaks.

Location: Yonge Street, Newmarket ON L3Y