Verified Reviewer

Water leak on headliner at sun visor or overhead console areas due to Existing NHTSA TSB listed issue "Sharkfin Antenna"

Have reached out to Chevrolet Dealership to address concern of issue that I was able to locate same thing happening to this year vehicle where TSBs have been identified to be told my VIN # is not listed. This would require me to have a Water Specialist come out to the dealership to assess the issue and pay them $120 before any repairs or pricing detail provided for vehicle since there is no TSB listed for my vin.

Yes i can put silicone around it and call it a day but its a newer truck and I would like the issue fixed the right way and have truck properly inspected to ensure my electrical components of my vehicle OnStar, XM, GPS or antenna don't malfunction due to corrosion.

My vehicle is a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 CREW CAB.

MODELS: 2015 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV 2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab, Suburban, Tahoe 2015 GMC Sierra Crew Cab, Yukon, Yukon XL

NHTSA TSB # 1008**** &;;;;;; 1013****

Date Published AUG 07, 2015

NHTSA TSB # 1008****

15155 - CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM. CERTAIN 2015 MODEL YEAR CADILLAC ESCALADE, CADILLAC ESCALADE ESV, CHEVROLET SILVERADO CREW CAB, CHEVROLET SUBURBAN, CHEVROLET TAHOE, GMC SIERRA CREW CAB, GMC YUKON, AND GMC YUKON XL VEHICLES MAY HAVE A CONDITION THAT CAN ALLOW WATER TO LEAK INTO THE VEHICLES ROOF-MOUNTED ANTENNA. THIS CONDITION COULD PREVENT THE VEHICLES ONSTAR SYSTEM FROM ACCURATELY DETERMINING THE VEHICLES LOCATION; DISABLE THE VEHICLES COMPASS, NAVIGATION, AND XM RADIO SYSTEMS; ILLUMINATE THE VEHICLES RED ONSTAR LED INDICATOR; AND ALLOW WATER INTO THE INTERIOR PASSENGER COMPARTMENT.

DEALERS ARE TO REPLACE THE ONSTAR ANTENNA.

Date Published FEB 14, 2018

NHTSA TSB # 1013****

This technical bulletin provides repair information to correct customer concerns of

OnStar, XM, GPS or antenna malfunction ? may set DTC B2462, B2470 or B125C - and/or water leak on headliner at sun visor or overhead console areas, possible battery drain concern.

Preferred solution: Fix truck .

Comments