2.5

Update by user Jul 02

the key, again (2nd time) locks and won't come out of ignition. I have to wait in the car for at least 10 minutes before the key unlocks. GM's response has been very slow and no solution offered, just requests for more information, which they got when I had to have it repaired the first time in Sept, 2017, which they charged me $250.00 for what is clearly and engineering problem.

Original review posted by user Jun 01

My Chevy Captiva ignition won't turn completely off and the key won't come out. This also results in the running lights remaining on and the radio remaining on. this runs down the battery.

This is a design flaw or a parts problem that GM should have fixed. I had it fixed once and was charged @250.00. That was in Sept of 2017. It is now happening again!

I have contact GM Social Media, again, been have no response after sending in my VIN.

This is a serious problem that puts the owners at risk. I have to sit and wait in the car for 10 or 15 minutes before the ignition lock will release. This my wife's car and and she is an MS patient. I can't let her drive the car until it is fixed!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Chevrolet Car Repair.

Comments

My 2015 Chevy Cruze wouldn't shut off. Then the tire sensor claimed I had a low tire.

Took it to the tire place and nothing wrong with the tire. Battery kept going dead. All sensor lights kept coming on. Took it to Chevy and they said my warranty expired 9 days ago.

They wouldn't even look at the car.

It was tied to the dealership so I was left waiting for a ride home. I've had nothing but trouble with that car

Why do you think it is a design flaw? I've never had this problem with my Captiva.

What does your wife's keychain look like? Is it one of these chains full of junk that hangs down and puts strain on the switch?