Here are my communications with Raymond Chevrolet . As you can see for yourself, they just give lip service and the run around, while not interested in a real resolution whatsoever, despite what they claim.
COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # 94426964 BBB serving Chicago & Northern Illinois
Consumer's Original Complaint :
I dropped my vehicle off on Oct. 19, 2012. The vehicle remained there throughout the repair and the filing of a police report for theft, which was reported on Nov. 3rd when I discoverd approximately a dozen pieces of gold and gemstone jewelry missing from a zippered bag that had been buried under several boxes in my trunk. I immediately reported it to Kim Neiss who said not to worry about it that they would reimburse me for whatever items had been stolen and that they even had surveillance and would immediately terminate the employee who stole the items. This happened on a Saturday and she assured me should would contact me on Monday which she did not. After another week went by, again I asked about my jewelry and she told me not to worry that her and I were going to be meeting with the owner, Mr. Scarpelli at 3 PM. When I showed up I was informed that Mr. Scarpelli was not there.Instead I was greeted by a man named Charlie who was Kim's boss who again reassured me that I would be reimbursed but I needed to speak with a woman named Robbi who would be handling my claim.
Since Robbi had no knowledge of the theft yet, I relayed my complaint yet again to Robbi and It was suggested that I call the police department again to amend my complaint, which I did directly at Raymond Chevrolet. Two days later she called me back and said that I should call Paul Praxmier from Corkhill Ins. Company as they were going to file a claim with their insurance company.
I called Paul the following day and he said that he would call Raymond Chevrolet and get back to me. A week passed with no call from Paul. On Nov 21, 2012 I called Paul who informed me that Raymond Chevrolet was not going to file a claim. So again I am getting the run around even though I was promised that they would take care of everything because they do not want an "unhappy customer." Not only am I an unhappy customer, I have been repeatedly lied to by senior management at Raymond Chevrolet.
I would like to be reimbursed for the full retail value of the items that were stolen out of my car due to their negligence.
RESPONSE FROM RAYMOND CHEVROLET
On October 19, 2012 Rxxxx Dxxxx dropped off her vehicle stating that the engine was overheating in stop and go traffic. Due to the nature of the concern we told her it would require time to diagnose and gave her a loaner vehilcle at no charge.......R Long gave Ms. Dxxxxx Paul Praxmier's phone number from Corkhill insurance which is Raymond Chevrolet's insurance carrier as they are investigating the case as well.
MY COUNTER RESPONSE
On two separate occasions both Charlie Hansmeyer and Marty Goeke directly and explicitly told me they would indeed reimburse me which is how I was introduced to Ms. Robbi Long who intern told me they had decided to file a claim with their insurance company. She then provided me with Mr.Paul Praxmier name, phone number and the insurance company name, Corkhill Ins. Co. and I contacted him on two separate occasions. The first time I contacted Mr. Praxmier's office I was told that they needed to get some paperwork from Raymond Chevrolet and to check back with him in a week, which I did. It is during this conversation I was told that Raymond Chevrolet would not be filing a claim as they have decided to handle it on their own; which is when I contacted the BBB.
In their response they claim that their insurance company is "investigating the case" as well. If so, then please have Raymond Chevrolet provide me with the claim number demonstrating that their insurance company is investigating the case as I was told differently by their insurance agent.
I followed everything Raymond Chevrolet has asked me to do, which they said was necessary before they could reimburse me. This included included filing 2 police reports, providing a complete list of items stolen and their approx values from my vehicle with any receipts I still had. Additionally, I came in numerous times as requested and met with the various people they said was necessary, including the owner Mr. Scarpelli, which never occurred. Again, please have Raymond Chevrolet provide me with the insurance claim number, resulting in the "investigation" by Corkhill Ins. Company, so I may follow up on the insurance claim and work with them directly.
IF THEY HAVE INDEED FILED A CLAIM, I AM HAPPY TO WORK WITH THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE BUT AS OF THIS POSTING THEY HAVE NOT PROVIDED ME WITH AN ACTUAL CLAIM NUMBER DESPITE THEIR CONTINUAL DIRECTION TO POINTING ME TO THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY. STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Raymond Chevrolet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "First off, I am calling B.S. on many of these reviews that all seem to have been written by the same, uneducated, illiterate troll with an obvious agenda. The..."
- "I contacted the dealer where we bought our Cougar and showed him pictures of the delaminating that is taking place on the front Panel. He said that Keystone..."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "Customer service seems non-existent. I'm so beyond frustrated with this app. I enjoy the concept, but someone in my area is abusing it as an outlet to sell individual cheap..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "i am filing a complaint with the BBB and anyone else who will listen me ...Hello everyone...I just went to the website and posted the following message to them:..."
- "At our first scheduled meeting, Julie did not know our names. After looking at houses for 4 hours the first week, Julie left me two voice mails. In one of..."
- "Awesome customer service direct from Landmark. The individual dealerships suck. If you didn't buy you trailer at where your going for service they ignore you! My personal experience with Landmark..."