Chevrolet - Finish on rims peeling, chevy trailblazer 06

I have a 2006 trailblazer ext and the finish is peeling off the rims.The dealership replaced them once and a year later it is happening again.

I have been told by the dealership and gm customer service it is not a warranty problem, I was told it is an enviromental issue and not covered by the extended warranty I purchased. And the first set they replaced should have never been replaced for free. I purchased the vehicle new in NY and I still live in NY.

Why are they selling vehicles in states they know will ruin the finish on the vehicle in about a years time?The SUV only has 27,000 miles on it!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 15, 2015 #958703

I imagine the rims are similar to the paint and according to the GM manuals they are warranted even in "harsh" weather climates including areas where road salt is used on snow covered roads. In fact, according to one GM Warranty I read, application of a "Harsh weather package" where overcoat is added to paint and other surfaces could void the GM warranty. It should have been covered in your case. They do recommend that you rinse off your car occasionally if you live in an area where road salt is used but this rim should have been covered under warranty.

0 0 Reply

Aug 18, 2010 #177534

Read your owners manual carefully; I know this is too late for you but in the manual for my 2009 Aveo it states "enviromental" damage is covered. I told this to the service tech when having some other bodywork done-they weren't even aware of it. Also bare metal on the very edge of the rocker panel was fixed.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Chevrolet. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Chevrolet.
Filing a new complaint about