Verified Reviewer

2.9

I have taken my 2018 Chevy Silverado Redline into the shop to have both paint issues and mechanical issues(transmission) looked at and was told the paint issues i was told are rock chip related and the mechanical issues are normal. (Chevrolet Dealer )

The truck clunks and shifts hard (enough to move you in the seat) when going into gear first thing when starting up.

This started when i first sent a complaint about 10 months ago and was told to take it into the shop to have it look at. It did not do this when i first purchased the truck.

Also, at highway speeds the tach gauge jumps around like the transmission is slipping. Was told this is normal as well. I have owned a lot of Chevrolet's and this is the first to ever respond like this and drive like this.

I have a white painted bumper with the blacked out grill, that the paint is just chipping off.

I also have the black wheels chipping out as well. (I could see the wheels being a gravel or rock chip related issue)

I drive the interstate over 50 miles a day to work and back and my truck doesn't see gravel hardly at all so how they can claim rock chips is unbelievable.

I have photos of a lot of the chips and amazingly i only have 2 small chips on the hood of my truck which i could see calling those a rock or better term bug chip. I have never seen a bumper or grill chip like this before on any truck/Blazer i have owned.

I am a very displeased Chevy owner and have never had a Chevy vehicle every have paint issues except a 1996 Lumina which reviews stated this vehicle over years the paint will come off in big sections which it did.

I have been a loyal Chevy owner for myself but am ready to go elsewhere due to these issues. Something you spend $65,000.00 on, you should have something way more lasting than this.

I have had it for 2 years and the front looks like it is a 6-8 year old vehicle.

Very disappointed in Chevy for this and how they treat their customers that keep purchasing their products. I for one will probably not be a continued customer.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase any new Chevrolet's if they can't fix these issues.

Location: Omaha, Nebraska