Chevrolet - Cheverolet Buyer Beware
Update added by user Sep 09, 2015
So after posing here on PissedConsumer.com I received a call from a different department within Chevrolet (General Motors).The gentleman went over all the facts of the "Case" and created a 4th "Case #".
He committed to have someone contact me by last Friday (4 days ago).Once again NOTHING!
Original review posted by user Aug 31, 2015
I bought a brand-new 2012 Chevy Sonic from a dealer in AZ.I bought the car because it was one of only 2 automatic cars that are designed to be two behind a motorhome without a trailer.
I have hauled it all over the country and into Mexico with no problems. On our last trip from VA to AZ the transmission burned up with only 27,000 miles. The transmission has always shifted funny. When I took it in for the last oil change at the dealer, they said there was an update to the transmission software to address customer complaints.
First trip after the update the transmission burns up. A dealer in AZ rebuilt the transmission. I drove 200 miles and it burns up again stranding us for a 2nd time on our family vacation. We leave it at a Chevrolet dealer in NM to have a new transmission installed.
Now GM wants me to fly back to NM from VA to pickup a car that has left me stranded twice and try and drive it 2,000 home. Then try and submit receipts for the air fare only, and they might reimburse me.
The car is well within the warranty.When buying a Chevrolet sonic from general motors beware that they will not stand behind the warranty even when it is clearly their mistake.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Folks at the dealership
What I disliked
- Folks at chevrolet customer care
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2012 Chevrolet Sonic
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Major leaks and Camping world and Keystone laugh and do nothing it was under warranty when this started now Ive owned it almost 3 years and its moldy and in..."
- "Freedom Boat Club Myrtle Beach is a scam they target elderly people because they say they are "easier to get money out of and they never use the boats because..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/26917254 THIS IS FAKE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ***! Person trying to sell it goes by the name Brianna Linnetti. There is no possible way anyone would sell a..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "If April Arguin or Nikki Levin suggest that you paypal them directly to avoid fees, DON'T DO IT. Make sure it is marked for Goods and Services. That is definitely..."
- "...I even put a huge sign on my door that said: LASERSHIP ring the doorbell please(hubby was inside) There was absolutely no attempt to deliver anything..."
- "Public records found on the internet also Facebook and Instagram comments I screenshoted about the household name Publishers Clearing House! The blocked call screenshot indicates an app that I downloaded..."