Chevrolet - Cheverolet Buyer Beware
Update added by user Sep 09, 2015
So after posing here on PissedConsumer.com I received a call from a different department within Chevrolet (General Motors).The gentleman went over all the facts of the "Case" and created a 4th "Case #".
He committed to have someone contact me by last Friday (4 days ago).Once again NOTHING!
Original review posted by user Aug 31, 2015
I bought a brand-new 2012 Chevy Sonic from a dealer in AZ.I bought the car because it was one of only 2 automatic cars that are designed to be two behind a motorhome without a trailer.
I have hauled it all over the country and into Mexico with no problems. On our last trip from VA to AZ the transmission burned up with only 27,000 miles. The transmission has always shifted funny. When I took it in for the last oil change at the dealer, they said there was an update to the transmission software to address customer complaints.
First trip after the update the transmission burns up. A dealer in AZ rebuilt the transmission. I drove 200 miles and it burns up again stranding us for a 2nd time on our family vacation. We leave it at a Chevrolet dealer in NM to have a new transmission installed.
Now GM wants me to fly back to NM from VA to pickup a car that has left me stranded twice and try and drive it 2,000 home. Then try and submit receipts for the air fare only, and they might reimburse me.
The car is well within the warranty.When buying a Chevrolet sonic from general motors beware that they will not stand behind the warranty even when it is clearly their mistake.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Folks at the dealership
What I disliked
- Folks at chevrolet customer care
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2012 Chevrolet Sonic
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought a new 2015 Keystone RV Fuzion 371 fifth wheel this fall. Before I even got it parked at home, the front slide had a cable fall off..."
- "I went to the Cherry Hill Kia dealership to purchase a second vehicle. They didn't have what I wanted so I went home. The next day I got a call..."
- "Run, DON’T Walk from Lorenzo Bomnin Chevrolet! I Personally CAN NOT stress enough for you to stay away from this dishonest dealership! I have purchased at least 8-10 vehicles directly off the..."
- "We looked at many competing window replacement companies and chose CASTLE WINDOWS after a great experience with a nice sales rep. We were given a quote and scheduled an installation..."
- "I keep getting text mesgs for someone elses card. Its been going on for months. You would think the actual owner of the card would wonder why they have not..."
- "If April Arguin or Nikki Levin suggest that you paypal them directly to avoid fees, DON'T DO IT. Make sure it is marked for Goods and Services. That is definitely..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."