Richmond, Virginia
Featured on Google+ 100% full Not resolved

Update by user Sep 09, 2015

So after posing here on PissedConsumer.com I received a call from a different department within Chevrolet (General Motors).The gentleman went over all the facts of the "Case" and created a 4th "Case #".

He committed to have someone contact me by last Friday (4 days ago).Once again NOTHING!

Original review posted by user Aug 31, 2015

I bought a brand-new 2012 Chevy Sonic from a dealer in AZ.I bought the car because it was one of only 2 automatic cars that are designed to be two behind a motorhome without a trailer.

I have hauled it all over the country and into Mexico with no problems. On our last trip from VA to AZ the transmission burned up with only 27,000 miles. The transmission has always shifted funny. When I took it in for the last oil change at the dealer, they said there was an update to the transmission software to address customer complaints.

First trip after the update the transmission burns up. A dealer in AZ rebuilt the transmission. I drove 200 miles and it burns up again stranding us for a 2nd time on our family vacation. We leave it at a Chevrolet dealer in NM to have a new transmission installed.

Now GM wants me to fly back to NM from VA to pickup a car that has left me stranded twice and try and drive it 2,000 home. Then try and submit receipts for the air fare only, and they might reimburse me.

The car is well within the warranty.When buying a Chevrolet sonic from general motors beware that they will not stand behind the warranty even when it is clearly their mistake.

Review about: 2012 Chevrolet Sonic.

I liked: Folks at the dealership.

I didn't like: Folks at chevrolet customer care.

Insurance Quality
Interest Rate
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $14000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Chevrolet?

Comments

richardtfrench

reed457,

Are you having the same problem with the Chevy Sonic or Chevrolet Customer Care? Can you please add some details to your comment?

reed457

good me too having the same