72 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Mar 07, 2020

DO NOT BUY A USED CHEVY!!!!The first time I contacted Chevy, I was told that it was possible to get the parts at cost and Chevy would work with the dealer about the labor costs.The second Chevy response was that because I did not go to a dealer there was nothing they would do. They could not be certain what the source of my engine problem was and that with age of the vehicle they did not see where they could do anything for me.After 5 years and less than 100K miles, you cannot expect the engine to be trouble free.

Original review posted by user Feb 06, 2020

2014 Chevy Traverse engine blows

The purchase of this SUV was record-breaking in that it was my first SUV and the newest vehicle I had ever owned.

Within a year and a half I learned that GM believes that the engines in their vehicles can only be expected to last 5 years and that it is too bad, so sad that the engine in my vehicle stopped working.

Anyone I spoke to found it inconceivable that a properly serviced vehicle would need to have the engine replaced at less than 0142100K miles.

GM believes that since I did not have one of their dealers handle the repairs for my vehicles,there is nothing they can do as only their dealership can accurately diagnosis the cause of the engine failure and due to the age of the vehicle (barely 6 years old) it is solely my responsibility.

The non-GM explanation as to the cause of the engine needing to be replaced was that the number one cylinder had grenaded damaging the electrode on spark plug.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2014 Chevrolet Traverse Car.

Preferred solution: Get the word out to warn others..

Comments