Gave away my vehicle!

PENSACOLA, FLORIDA: My truck was at the Chevy dealership having warranty work and I was glad to hear that Enterprise would pick me up that afternoon to set up my rental. The lady from Enterprise arrived on time in a truck similar to my own and drove my son and I to the Enterprise office. However, the truck had just been returned and still needed to be cleaned, so she told me to go inside and they'd call for me in about 30 minutes. It was busy inside, so I sat with my 3 year old son in the far corner of the waiting area so he wouldn't be a bother to the other customers and I wouldn't worry about him being in the way of the opening door. 40 minutes pass and still nobody calls for me to sign for the truck. Honestly, none of the workers even acknowledged I was there trying to keep my 3 year old occupied all this time! When I go up to the counter and ask when my truck will be ready, I'd been waiting a long time, the lady runs off... Turns out, she'd given my truck to another customer 20 minutes before, with my son's car seat still inside! I had to wait nearly another HOUR for the other customer to return with my car seat and luckily they had another truck to give me! My child was hungry (seeing that I arrived at Enterprise at 5 p.m. and had planned to go directly back home to feed him dinner) and I was very frustrated that something so seemingly "easy" had taken my entire evening. I have a professional career and raise a small child; the time I have with my son is precious and shouldn't be wasted due to the stupidity of people with the simple job of checking in and out rental cars! As, I'm sure the other customer was not very pleased when she was called and told to return to Enterprise right away! I was patient and kind at Enterprise; I have a young child to set an example of manners for and causing a scene wouldn't have made my son's car seat magically appear, but I hope that something is done to reprimand the terrible service that I was given today!
#201421

spelled the name wrong but,was speaking of ENTERPRISE RENTER.

#201420

DONT GET BE STARTED, I UNDERSTAND THEIR CONCERN, INTERPRISE AND CHEVY DONT COMMUNICATE WELL WITH CUSTOMERS IN THEIR INTEREST. I LEFT MY RENTER CAR WITH A CHEVY DEALERSHIP ON FRIDAY AND CALL INTERPRISE TO PICKUP THE RENTER. INTERPRISE DIDNT PU THE RENTER UNTIL MONDAY AND CAUSED A WITHDRAWAL OF 2 DAYS OF CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD.

Jenkins, don't hate cause you're a ni@@$r. Not everyone can be born white.

TOO BAD SNOOTY PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS PUTTING DOWN OTHER PEOPLES JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin :grin :grin :grin :p :p :p :p :) :) :) :)

View more comments (3)
Pensacola, Florida

2010 Chevy Mailbu Breakdown

My 2010 Chevy Mailbu was intermittently losing acceleration power. It did it 7 times...to the point where I had to pull off the road in heavy traffic. The dealer (Lewes Auto Mall in Lewes DE) said they could not find anything wrong. The very next day I broke down in heavy Memorial holiday traffic. It took the dealer one entire week to figure out what was wrong and fix the car. I just got it back and am very leery of this vehicle. The dealership was so blase about the whole incident. They seem to fail to recognize that it is upsetting to break down in a new vehicle. Plus what is going on with GM anyway that a 2010 breaks down?

My 2010 has been towed 8 times. What did they say was wrong with yours, I have a Malibu.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Lied, unprofessional

I will never recommend anyone to Van Chevrolet. The sales team lied to us about trading in our vehicle. Had us drive all the way down from Colorado to turn us down. I have also filed a better business bureau complaint. They laughed at us on the phone and hung up several times. The called us over and over for the past month telling us to make the trip down and they would trade the vehicle for what we wanted and at the same monthly payment. The sales team were both rude and unprofessional using slang when talking to me calling me "bro and dude".
Phoenix, Arizona

They claimed they fixed my truck but they didn,t

I took my truck to Darcarcars cheverolet for lost of preasure and a humming sound.They charged me $1500.00 and my sevice engine lights go,s off and on and my trucks running rough i dont think these people know what there doing,because i took it to another shop and they said all they did was give me a tune up and to make things worse i went there to years ago because i changed my battery and my a/c went out and my truck idled up and down and they said it would come back on eventually.
Lanham, Maryland

Deaf people- money grabbers

I purchased a 2006 Chev/Impala. The tie rod ends blew out at 30,000 miles. I took the car to an independent shop and they told me the left front brake drum was shot???? They replaced the tie rod ends. The Pat Obrien Chevrolet refused to reimburse me for the bad tie rod ends and said it was out of warranty. I took the car in for an oil change and filters. The service person told me there was a special on rotating the tires. I said NO , I just had 2 new tires installed on the front and balanced. Aftyer about 1-1/2 hours I inquired as to where is my car. The service personell told me. The brakes are bad and need replacing , drums, pads etc. the front seal was leaking and about 6 other things were needing attention . IOf I agreed for them to do the repairs now They would take $200.00 off the $800.00 bil. I blew up and said I told you to not take the wheels off and ruin the balanc e and tighten the lug nuts improperly to warp the rotors and wear out the brakes. I paid for the oil change , Wrote a letter to the BBB and State of Ohio Atty Gen'ls office. I got my money refunded for the oil change. I demanded to know why the wheels were removed to inspect the brakes when I came in for an oil change. They are rotten people! rip off specialists OHIO
Cleveland, Ohio

Repairs

i purchased a certified used 2007 avalanche ltz . i have had problems with the parking assist. i am told i have to pay to get it fixed. i will never buy another gm product, i wish i could get out from this truck. your help line made me feel like a piece of ***.... i have extended warrantie and certified used and they still want me to pay!!!! i will and my family will never purchase gm ever again!!! i spent top top top dollar for my truck and got screwed! my last gm!!!!!never again,,,,never, your complaint line was noooo help.
Livingston, New Jersey

John Holt Chevrolet Yukon

Wife bought a 2006 Jeep Liberty in February 2009 and 2 months later it blew a head gasket, the reason, it had a socket from a wrench in one of the cylinders. Didn't purchase extended warranty, didn't think we needed one on a 3 year old $14,00.00 vehicle. When I called I was transfered, put on hold and disconnected several times before I spoke with someone. Used Car Manager Lance Sanders told us that we purchased a lemon and there was nothing he could or would do about it. We will never buy from them again, to bad, they came highly recommended.
Elk City, Oklahoma

GM Silverado Junk

I purchased a new 2009 Silverado in Oct.09, in Dec 09 with 3000kms or 1800 miles the low oil pressure light goes on. I was close to the dealer and took it right in. 1 month later I get the truck back, first the dealer asked to replace the motor, GM said no, fix it, first a sensor was blamed, not it, second the oil pump, not the problem, finally the problem was the cam bearing had rolled and this was repaired. Now 6 months later a pool of oil shows up on my driveway, the *** thing is now leaking oil with 8000 kms or 4800 miles on it. since the motor was repaired not replaced this thing was leaking from the oil pan this was also fixed. I believe since this motor was apart already how many oil leaks will it have, also I only had a "New" truck for 1800 miles then it is a oil leaking peice of junk with a rebuilt motor, for ever. I asked Gm to replace the truck,one representive was helping and instructed me to get the ball rolling, two weeks later, she disappears and the next one says you have warranty for 5 years, well how much of the 5 year is this thing going to be in the shop? The truck is loud, shifts bad and is an all round peice of junk do not buy a GM, the product is bad and the customer comes last!

2010 silverdo is junk do not buy overpriced gm junk

Update. Canada has no Lemon laws but has a "Court" style system called CAMVAP.

After almost a year of call GM everyday and getting the run around I was put in front of this "Court" to plead my case. GM had lawyers and workers who worked on my truck present (one of the problems with the truck it would not start, these so called techs did not tighten the ground strap after rebuild, typical Don Folks Chev repair). GM would not admit to any wrong doing and thought they had the case won. The adjudicator at the last moment said I could have an independent inspection done on the truck, so I had it done.

Not only were there oil leaks all over the engine but he also found other things wrong with it.

CAMVAP ruled in favour of me and ordered GM to refund my money. GM's wanted to have a chance to fix the truck.

I had given them a half dozen chances and they screwed it up every time. I took my money and bought a Dodge never to buy a Generous Motors vehicle again.

The worst service ever, and they never should of been bailed out using my tax money!

View more comments (1)
Abbotsford, British Columbia
Chevrolet Warranty
Reason of review
Bad quality

Sands Chevrolet of Allentown, PA

I bought a used truck from Sands Chevy of Allentown, PA 18109. had truck 4 days!!! On way to get truck checked out noises started coming out of the engine and i found out that the rods went so than i brought to another dealer GMC/Chevy and they said it wasnt serviced(Which Sands claimed they did before sale) & needed whole new engine. Sands Chevy said too bad your problem!! :O Bunch scamsters! now BBB, attorney general, and lemon law clause are all involved. DO NOT Buy from these people dishoinest, disrespectful, cheating losers! now i have a lawn decoration worht THOUSANDS! thanks bunhc douches
Newburgh, New York

Gearhart Chevrolet, NJ doesn't offer good customer service

I am a Saturn owner. Gearhart Chevrolet in Denville, NJ advertised that they welcome Saturn customers to their service department with lots of big signs. I was hopeful. Today was my second visit to the service department, and I told them it would be my last. Here's what happened: I set up an appointment for my oil change. I arrived on time, was checked in, and met with Bernie, my customer service advisor. He filled out paperwork, made no small talk or attempt to to engage me in any kind of conversation, and made me sign off on the oil change part of the work. Then, I looked for a place to sit and wait. There are exactly 6 chairs in the "waiting area, " all of which were occupied. There were also 2 people waiting sitting in the hallway. Bernie set up an extra chair for me in the hallway and I proceeded to wait the half hour they told me it would take for the oil change. I had brought my computer and attempted to work; it was quite cramped and uncomfortable. Saturn Service areas had chairs that were more like living room furniture than office furniture, as well as many end tables on which to place your papers, coffee, etc. as well as a table if you wanted to do work. At 10:30, Bernie approached me and said my car also needs brakes and an air filter. This is already 1/2 hour past the time that I was told it would be done. At Saturn service, within 1/2 hour they came out and told you what additional work would need to be done on your car. When I complained about this delay, Bill the Service Department Head told me that the reason for the hour is that the tech had to drive my car, then start the oil change, and do the 31 point diagnostic. Huh? Did you ever hear a doctor or vet that doesn't do a diagnostic first and instead starts doing a procedure? He also told me that Saturn, although they said they do a 27 or 30 point diagnostic, did not really do it. Hmmm. It was 10:30am and I told Bernie, my Service Manager that I had to be out by noon. No problem, you'll be out in an hour. At 11:45 I was told my car was done. Meanwhile, I was the only person left now in the waiting room. People had come and gone in the meantime. I asked to speak with Bill, the Service Department Head, and explained why this would be my last visit to the Service Dept and that I was done with them. I explained about how long I was kept waiting, how uncomfortable the waiting area was, and how I thought that the techs were not working as fast as they should so they could get more money per hour. He told me that I was just venting and they are not paid by the hour, it's by the job/service. OK, so then did I really need those brakes, or was that so they could get more money? Do they reluctantly work on Saturns, and take all the Chevys first? I'm sorry, he said - and complained that I was not listening to him. He did tell me that next time I could get them to bring me home so that I would not waste time there. How about next time they work faster - and in the right order of diagnosing first - so they can let me know within 1/2 hour what is needed - then doing the work? That's not how it's done, I was told. Oh, and they are going to be re-doing the service area, remodeling it - so that shows, I was told, how much they care about their service customers. All in all, I felt that this organization could care less about me, a female Saturn customer. I felt that they made me wait excessively, worked slowly, and did not do the work in the proper order. I also think that Service - both on the cars and Customer Service - is not a priority with this company. All I could get was, "I'm sorry." Not good enough for me. I will be taking my service - and my purchase of a new car - to another dealership that places a priority on making customers comfortable and happy and works as expediently as possible, which is to everyone's benefit.

It is not just Saturn they do the same with there on product. They have different team I think I had Bernie's team they had 1 very good mechanic.

There also was a mechanic on Gary's team from what I hear is awesome, on the other hand Gary is the biggest *** I ever felt with. That why I think it is called Schumacher Chev now.

Of course, by "comment above", I mean "comment below" :-)

#202833

I strongly suspect that the comment written above is written by an employee of Gearhart Chevrolet.

No doubt a vast majority of customers of Gearhart have few problems with the dealership. Every business, even a terrible one, has customers that have no problems with the business. If you look on similar websites (such as dealerrater.com) you will see many more complaints about Gearhart Chevrolet for various reasons, not just the state of their dealership's furnishings.

Like it or not, Saturn customers are used to a standard of service that dealerships like Gearhart do not provide. While Saturn has been closed, the reason is certainly not because of their excellent customer service, which consistently ranked at or above Lexus year over year. GM did do some things very right with Saturn, and it would be strange to then say to those same customers, “OK, now keep buying from us, but expect less.” There is a reason why the Saturn Ion, despite its very poor critical reception, was among the highest repurchased cars by current owners (26%, nearly double the industry average) during its lifespan.

It is not surprising that many Saturn customers will be turned off from Chevrolet while getting their cars serviced under warranty at typical Chevrolet dealerships like Gearhart.

Believe it or not, a customer DOES like it when they feel as though they are the only customer. No matter how delusional you may feel like these customers are, they are a reality that is not going away and they have money that they want to spend on cars. Making a customer feel like they are a priority is not only possible and manageable, but is good for business in today's day and age. Wishing for a time where customers are willing to take a day off from work to get their brakes changed, or not care if their car lasts over 100,000 miles, or approve of an extra 30-60 minutes for a simple repair will not make it come true. Gearhart is doing no one, including themselves, a favor by taking the defensive stance that they are doing a great job and should be applauded for it. Instead, they should be critical of themselves when people complain, see it as an opportunity, and not make them feel like they are crazy or *** for speaking up. This is in Business 101.

And no, you do not have to buy a luxury car to expect an EXCEPTIONAL (not just pleasant) dealer experience. I have been in plenty of Jeep, Toyota, Subaru, and Kia (yes, even Kia!) dealerships that don't make the customer feel like they are sitting in the middle of mission control and are at the mercy of the experts on the other side of the wall or the service manager who hides out of sight in a room that says “AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY”.

#202261

Having bought new and used cars at Gearhart Chevrolet since 1997, it amazes me that some people think that the dealership should rebuild JUST so they can have a more comfortable seat, or that I should be served lunch, or that their work should be done in an instant even though it's complicated and they are VERY busy. After 6 cars (SIX) bought and leased, I have NO complaints about the waiting ares, NO complaints about the service, and NO complaints about the service writers.

They are always friendly, courteous, and never make we wait longer than they originally projected.

I don't expect a visit do a car dealership to be the equivalent of sitting in my living room, and I also realize that I'm not the only person having my car serviced.

A+ for Gearhart. Those people who need to be waited on hand and foot should buy a Rolls Royce, maybe they'd get a little tea with their complaints.

I had a very similar experience. Glad to know I am not alone.

After 4 visits over five months, Gearhart was unable to resolve a seemingly simple coolant issue with my 2006 Saturn ION Redline. Made my car worse than it was to start with. They tried to tell me that the car was running worse after their repairs because I was low on gas! Even I know that being low on gas doesn't make the check engine light come on, and the engine to buck like a bronco.

Also, the service department couldn't even properly install windshield wipers on my car; they fell off after they installed them and I had to go back to get them fixed!

While waiting for service, I noticed several other customers coming in, steaming for one reason or another why they had to bring their car back for repeat service visits.

Service department was very untimely in making return phone calls or providing status updates. It seemed like they would use any excuse to delay or not work on my vehicle. They were also unwilling to assist in warranty claims or arranging alternate transportation. They also attempted to bill me $150 for diagnostic work related to the coolant issue that they could not resolve, which I was only able to recover after threatening to file a dispute with my credit card company.

Despite a huge sign outside the dealership stating "FREE LOANERS", they do not provide loaners to customers unless you purchased a vehicle from them, and it is below a certain mileage. Also, their ability to service Saturn vehicles, despite a huge "WELCOME SATURN CUSTOMERS" sign, is limited at best.

View more comments (4)
Morristown, New Jersey

CHEVY AS BAD AS TOYOTA!!

I HAVE A 2007 CHEVY COBALT AND I CANT OPERATE IT BECAUSE THE ELECTRONIC POWER STEERING WENT OUT AND CHEVY AND GMC COMPANY WILL NOT FIX IT THEY SAY I HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE IT CHECKED OUT, IT IS THEIR FAULT THAT IT ISNT WORKING BECAUSE THEY USED FAULTY PARTS. I WILL NEVER BUY A CHEVY PRODUCT, AND I ADVISE EVERYONE TO DO THE SAME. THE CHEVY COMPANY IS AS BAD AS TOYOTA!!! IT IS CHEVY'S FAULT THAT MY CAR IS UNOPERABLE AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PUT OUT ANY MONEY. YOU TALK TO PEOPLE FROM CHEVY AND THEY ARE RUDE THEY SHOULD BE RIGHT NEXT TO TOYOTA11
#201415

I JUST BOUGHT A CHEVY COBALT 1 1/2 MONTHS AGO AND THE BATTERY DEAD. THE CHEVY DEALER SAID IT COULD BE THE ALTERATOR, SO, THEY TOWED TO THEIR CO.

AND THE WRECKER CRACKED THE OIL PAN -DIDNT HAVE A FLATBED.

NOW THE DEALER IS SAYING HAVE TO PAY FOR BOTH. I THINK WE NEED A CLASS ACTION SUE BECAUSE THIS IS A 2006 AND PROBABLY HAVE ALL KINDS OF ISSUES BUT, THEY ARE HUSTLING CONSUMBERS.

:eek , sounds like BS to me since the cobalt will steer even with a faulty p/s. The only thing electric is the p/s pump, and when faulty it just feels heavier to steer plus look at the bright side at least your cobalt brakes work properly and the gas pedal does not stick. :zzz

View more comments (1)
Reston, Virginia
Loss

Being charged labor to fix defected item gmac knows about

Trouble with oil guage and check engine light coming on and staying on. Now speedometer won't work. Was not informed of this defect with the instrument cluster. Paramount Chec.(ccog) in Goldsboro, N>C> said they have been having this problem with these trucks. I want my truck fixed and they said they would do me a favor and only charge me labor to fix this defect. I think that the problem is GMAC's and should fix my truck at no cost to me. This item is within the milage but the delivery date was out by a little bit. Also the vin number is one that they are having trouble with.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Loss

What's wrong with the motors?

Hello, I'm wondering if there is others owners or leasers of Chevrolet Aveo LS 2004 and Aveo LT 2007? My problem..the Aveo 2004 LS after 33,000km died on me and also the Aveo LT 2007 after 31,000km died also!!!!!!!I am using the Shell gazoline the gold and change the oil every 4400km..So why? Could anyone sent me there opinions or have you had any problems like me. I did not have a problem both time with Bélisle Automobile ( Ottawa,Ontario) for the repair, I had superb service with them and complimentary cars while they did the repair. My e-mail: muriellegauvreau@***.com
#119921

You are doing all the required maint by changing the oil and running shell gold gasoline ? So that is all that is required to make a 2200 ecotech engine run? Here is your sign.

Ottawa, Ontario
Service
Chevrolet Repair

MC GEE CHEVEROLET SOLD OUR TRUCK FROM UNDER OUR FEET

We purchased a vehicle from Mc Gee delearship at their new location in Raynham, Massachuetts on a Wed. and delivered final payment on a Thursday and the gm Mr. Imet decided to put the vehicle back out on the floor on Thursday without notifying us and SOLD IT. NEEDLESS TO SAY, WE WERE EXTREMELY UPSET. we can't believe that mc gee chev. would just do that to us. mc gee cheverolet in their new location on RT. 44 in Raynam, massachusetts. Do not do business with them or this can happen to you. They are not a business in dealing with good faith. once again do not deal with MC GEE CHEVEROLET IN RAYNHAM, MA.
Lakeville, Massachusetts

Don Mallon Cheverolt never refunded my aouto warranty as promised

My wife and I purchased a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica at Don Mallon Cheverolet in Norwich CT. in august of 2005. We also purchased a 1967.00 warranty which was to cover everything and I also spent another 100.00 to take out insurance if I did not use the warraty I would get my money back. Well the warranty company went out of business, Mallon's sent us a letter stating they would honor the warranty and the fact that I took out the insurance, well guess what...we did not get a penny back. We were a week too late submitting paperwork, actually we waited to hear from dealer and did not so we called, that is when we were informed we would get nothing. We did get a call back from "Chip" Mallon the owner, he was a *** throughout the entire process.
Smithfield, Rhode Island