Verified Reviewer

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bought the truck with one main specific reason, to haul a slide in camper. Initially I loved the truck, but as I started to prep the truck to haul my camper, I quickly realized how poorly thought out the engineering of this truck is.

In order to tow a fifth wheel camper or haul a slide in camper the tailgate needs to be removed. Upon removing the tailgate all the cameras on the truck are rendered in-operable. Before buying the truck I was impressed seeing many TV commercials saying what an incredibly sophisticated camera system they have now in 2020. My cameras pull up a black screen with a error on it and nothing works with any cameras?

My dealer has now told me I more than likely will damage the whole system because the weather and elements will destroy the open wiring, because I have removed my tailgate, when the truck should have been designed to have the tailgate removed. Dealer has also said as far as they know there is no fix coming for this and I will have to live with it? My second issue is, once the truck it is parked for a while will start to flash the trailer taillights every ten seconds. This is part of the theft deterrent device programmed into the trailer wiring.

So it can detect if the trailer has been stolen and will sound the alarm! LOL So I'm going camping and going to sit and watch my taillights flash every ten sec. all weekend? GM is calling this a feature, and I will call it what it really is and that's torture.

The truck is the biggest 80+ thousand dollar mistake I have ever made in my life. The truck was released last Sept. and it is almost May. I started in early March inquiring for help at my local dealership.

No one ever got back with me? I'm sick to my stomach over the amount of money I have spent to get the truck to this point and knowing I will have to start over with a new brand soon. I ask now and all I get is excuses revolving around the virus? If these two issues can't be addressed I don't want the truck anymore and will never buy another GM product in my life.

GM has let me down and so has the local dealer. I have bought 2 new trucks from GM in last 2 years over $160,000.00 and planned on ordering a new C8 mid engine Z06 Corvette, and I'm a GM stock holder.

I'm asking for someone to reach out to me let me know they are aware of the issues and they are working them out and a fix is in the works for both of these issues. If these two issues cant be fixed the truck is a complete fail and I don't want it anymore!

User's recommendation: Beware!

Product or Service Mentioned: Chevrolet Commercial.

Location: Munising, Michigan

Comments

You should've gotten a Toyota Tundra instead.

Chevrolet Reviews