Verified Reviewer

3.2

My Bolt was recalled and the Keyes Chevy in Van Nuys CA dealership performed the two steps fix. One was done late 2020 and the second one in June 2021.

Ever since the second step the malfunction indicator light keeps coming ON and OFF randomly. I scheduled two separate service appointments and both times when it was time to take the car in the light was OFF and I was told they cannot diagnose the car if the light is OFF. The light came on again and I finally took the car in with an appointment. I was told it will be 48 hours till they have even time to take a look at the car and the only option I have is to leave the car at the dealer till they get to it.

They would not give me a loaner car and they would not let me bring my car back in 48 hours so they can take a look at the car!! What's the point of making an appointment if I have to leave my car there without them looking at it and why wouldn't they offer a loaner in this case. The whole thing doesn't make sense!

They only time I can take the car in, is when the light is ON and the light is not ON all the time, and if the light is ON, I cannot take the car in because I don't have an appointment. On top of that I was told they might not even be able to tell me what's wrong with the car if the light doesn't come ON again.

User's recommendation: Bolt Still Needs Time to Improve.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Chevrolet Pros: Cheap energy usage.

Chevrolet Cons: Bad service.

Location: 5949 Van Nuys Boulevard, Van Nuys, CA 91401