Seattle, Washington
100% full Not resolved

One of our two 2014 Silverado pickups with 6.0 gas engine spun a ros bearing at 27000 miles and ruined engine.without removing a single bolt to see what caused the failure, Chevrolet declined the warranty because we did the oil changes ourselves.

We paid $8,400 to get a new engine installed at an independent shop. After 49 years of GM loyalty, I will never buy another one.

The ruined engine turned out to have just one bad bearing and the shop owner said his opinion was that the bearing was defective. We are about to submit to BBB arbitration to see if we can get any help.

The two new Silverados cast 45k each.The second one has had no problems and our oldest one of 5 has over 240k miles.

Review about: 2015 Silverado 2500 Hd.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $9000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Chevrolet?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Chevrolet - Recall then problems Chevrolet " To all GM buyers, This is my Story. I am a loyal 25+ year GM owner. Pictured here are my last GM products I will ever own. My..." Read more Chevrolet - Rusty 2013 Silverado Chevrolet "2013 chevy silverado, hand washed most of the time, taken care of. Rusting out from underneath me. I took to Heidlebreicht in Romeo, Mi (where i purchased it new)...." Read more Chevrolet - Chevy cares more about their engines than drivers! Chevrolet "Leased a new 2015 at the end of May 2015. In October of 2015 while traveling on the freeway (with my children), I had a sudden reduction of power....deceleration from..." Read more Never purchasing another Chevrolet car Chevrolet "I have a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Both Orange lights next to the headlight melted. And today enjoying the sunny day I opened the Rooftop . I went to just..." Read more TruGreen nightmare Trugreen "I am paying way to much for poor service! All I wanted was the crab grass killed and they couldn't even do that. Scott's was bought out by TruGreen and..." Read more Leagle.com/plainsite.org and unitedstatescourts.org all ruthless websites that destroy the careers and reputations of Americans for sinister motives Leagle "When it comes to monetized websites such as leagle.com, plainsite.org and unitedstatescourts.org there may be something much more sinister behind these ruthless website then ever imagined. These websites mentioned are..." Read more CCC Information Services - Vehicle Undervaluation CCC Information Services "I know that CCC Information Services Inc still practices unfair market valuation for vehicles. CCC Information Services has been involved in lawsuits and settlements in the past for under-valuing customers..." Read more Shipito - They are thieves and scammers !! Shipito "In my first purchase was all perfect, (because the purchase was of little value). In my second purchase, of greater value, they told me that my package was lost in..." Read more