Chevrolet - 2015 Silverado, engine ruined at 27k miles, no warranty help
One of our two 2014 Silverado pickups with 6.0 gas engine spun a ros bearing at 27000 miles and ruined engine.without removing a single bolt to see what caused the failure, Chevrolet declined the warranty because we did the oil changes ourselves.
We paid $8,400 to get a new engine installed at an independent shop. After 49 years of GM loyalty, I will never buy another one.
The ruined engine turned out to have just one bad bearing and the shop owner said his opinion was that the bearing was defective. We are about to submit to BBB arbitration to see if we can get any help.
The two new Silverados cast 45k each.The second one has had no problems and our oldest one of 5 has over 240k miles.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2015 Silverado 2500 Hd
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ray Chevrolet lied to me and has treated me very badly. The customer service has done nothing but lie to me over and over again. I purchased a car..."
- " To all GM buyers, This is my Story. I am a loyal 25+ year GM owner. Pictured here are my last GM products I will ever own. My..."
- "Do not buy from Cactus Jacks in Mesa, Az. I bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and didn't even get it home before the problems started. I had..."
- "I purchased an ALEKO trolling motor for my 12' boat. So far, it has performed well without any problem. Just one issue: They advertise on Amazon that..."
- "They are misrepresenting themselves online as able or authorized to make appointments for me. They are not. It said click here to make an appointment with my salon. My..."
- "I took my 2015 Rav4 into Car Toys on Aurora Ave North in Seattle for an installation of a Kenwood DDX593 receiver/monitor (no navigation), that I also bought from them..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."