One of our two 2014 Silverado pickups with 6.0 gas engine spun a ros bearing at 27000 miles and ruined engine.without removing a single bolt to see what caused the failure, Chevrolet declined the warranty because we did the oil changes ourselves.
We paid $8,400 to get a new engine installed at an independent shop. After 49 years of GM loyalty, I will never buy another one.
The ruined engine turned out to have just one bad bearing and the shop owner said his opinion was that the bearing was defective. We are about to submit to BBB arbitration to see if we can get any help.
The two new Silverados cast 45k each.The second one has had no problems and our oldest one of 5 has over 240k miles.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2015 Silverado 2500 Hd
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am from Las Vegas, NV. and bought a car from Siamak’s Car Company: I found a vehicle that I was seriously interested in at Siamak’s Car Company of 777..."
- "This is my brand new jayco pinnacle Rv bought in January 2015 it is also a 2015 Rv after one trip you can see how big the stress crack was..."
- "We ordered a brand new 2014 Georgetown 378XL and took delivery from Cold Springs RV in Weare NH in late May 2013. We immediately noted undisclosed damage to the outside..."
- "We purchased and paid over $15K for Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets. Long story short - it was over 18 months ago - we've had SEVEN!(7) replacement sets of doors and..."
- "My computer is being held hostage by these bozos. First, they claimed my warranty was expired which was bogus because I've had this Yoga tablet for barely a year. They..."
- "I needed a windshield replacement on my 1999 ford van. Safelite came out removed old windshield said window casing had large hole in it and rust, hole is 1 mm..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."
- "If you click the link you will see how we got ripped off at Giunta's Meat Farm in Bohemia NY When we opened the roast beef package we saw what you..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."