Chevrolet - 1988- present U-Bolt issues
I'm a mechanic and I'm seeing more and more 88-newer chevy trucks coming in with rusting off U-bolts in the rear.The cradle that holds the rear end to the truck has two pockets that collect water and dirt and causes the u-bolts to rust.
I changed a set yesterday on a 1990 Chevy 1500 2 wheel drive and I was able to break the U bolts with my bare hands they were so badly rusted.
GM isn't interested in doing anything about it so maybe if more people start complaining, they'll address the issue!Please be sure you check your U-Bolts, clean those pockets out regularly, inspect carefully!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Chevy Truck
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."