Chevrolet - 1988- present U-Bolt issues
I'm a mechanic and I'm seeing more and more 88-newer chevy trucks coming in with rusting off U-bolts in the rear.The cradle that holds the rear end to the truck has two pockets that collect water and dirt and causes the u-bolts to rust.
I changed a set yesterday on a 1990 Chevy 1500 2 wheel drive and I was able to break the U bolts with my bare hands they were so badly rusted.
GM isn't interested in doing anything about it so maybe if more people start complaining, they'll address the issue!Please be sure you check your U-Bolts, clean those pockets out regularly, inspect carefully!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Chevy Truck
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor..."
- "We purchased a new 2010 Outback 30 ft travel trailer by Keystone. Approximately 2 years after purchase the decals starting peeling off. Keystone said they only have a 1 yr..."
- "No gate. No ranger at entrance. No security. At the store I was asked to produce registration for my truck, registration for my camper, proof of insurance for truck, proof..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."