Chevrolet - 1988- present U-Bolt issues
I'm a mechanic and I'm seeing more and more 88-newer chevy trucks coming in with rusting off U-bolts in the rear.The cradle that holds the rear end to the truck has two pockets that collect water and dirt and causes the u-bolts to rust.
I changed a set yesterday on a 1990 Chevy 1500 2 wheel drive and I was able to break the U bolts with my bare hands they were so badly rusted.
GM isn't interested in doing anything about it so maybe if more people start complaining, they'll address the issue!Please be sure you check your U-Bolts, clean those pockets out regularly, inspect carefully!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Chevy Truck
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have had several rvs this one was the most expensive one I paid over a quarter of a million dollars for this new and it is so cheaply made..."
- "This is a cautionary tale and one that anyone seeking to buy a used vehicle from Big Motoring World should take note of and give due consideration to.Having attempted to..."
- "2013 chevy silverado, hand washed most of the time, taken care of. Rusting out from underneath me. I took to Heidlebreicht in Romeo, Mi (where i purchased it new)...."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."