Featured

I'm a mechanic and I'm seeing more and more 88-newer chevy trucks coming in with rusting off U-bolts in the rear.The cradle that holds the rear end to the truck has two pockets that collect water and dirt and causes the u-bolts to rust.

I changed a set yesterday on a 1990 Chevy 1500 2 wheel drive and I was able to break the U bolts with my bare hands they were so badly rusted.

GM isn't interested in doing anything about it so maybe if more people start complaining, they'll address the issue!Please be sure you check your U-Bolts, clean those pockets out regularly, inspect carefully!

Had an Experience with Chevrolet?

Comments

wr400f250
Los Angeles, California, United States #742215

Yep, don't have these problems in my Ford.

Keystone Rv - 2012 Outback Fading Front cap Keystone Rv "Look at the attached pic. How embarrassing and it has Keystone's name on the front of the cap for negative advertising. Keystone won't replace the cap because they..." Read more 2006 Chevrolet - Hhr Car Review from Portland, Texas Chevrolet "I'm having continuous problems with my 2006 Chevy HHR, purchase in August 2015 from Sunrise Buick at Covington Pike in Memphis Tennessee. At the time of purchase I was told..." Read more Chevrolet - Chevy cares more about their engines than drivers! Chevrolet "Leased a new 2015 at the end of May 2015. In October of 2015 while traveling on the freeway (with my children), I had a sudden reduction of power....deceleration from..." Read more 2017 Winnebago Industries - Micro Minnie 2106ds Rv Review Winnebago Industries "We purchased one of the towable units, model 2106DS. We chose Winnebago because of their reputation and being a longstanding company in the industry. We figured they were doing something..." Read more Superjeweler - 3/4 Halo Ring Superjeweler "I am writing my review on the 3/4 Halo enhanced clarity ring I bought from Superjewler for $899.00 on 8/7/2017. Let me start by saying after reading the reviews I..." Read more Kfc - COULD HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF REAL POTATOES FOR THIS PRICE Kfc "I bought a side of mashed potatoes with my chicken sandwich for $2. $2 for some effing whimpy side of potatoes. WTF-I could have bought a bag of potatoes at..." Read more Harlem Furniture - Table Broke BEFORE A move - NOT COVERED!!!! Harlem Furniture "I bought a living room set in March 2017 - paid CASH. My table broke BEFORE a move, but because I had to be out of the house, and I'm..." Read more Heartland Rvs - Horrible service backing up Terrible construction Heartland Rvs "I am writing this in hopes that other buyers research before they purchase, and stay away from Heartland. I did not do this and now I am paying for it...." Read more