Chevrolet - GO TO THEM AND PAY THE PRICE. LITERALLY!!!
Here are my communications with Raymond Chevrolet . As you can see for yourself, they just give lip service and the run around, while not interested in a real resolution whatsoever, despite what they claim.
COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # 94426964 BBB serving Chicago & Northern Illinois
Consumer's Original Complaint :
I dropped my vehicle off on Oct. 19, 2012. The vehicle remained there throughout the repair and the filing of a police report for theft, which was reported on Nov. 3rd when I discoverd approximately a dozen pieces of gold and gemstone jewelry missing from a zippered bag that had been buried under several boxes in my trunk. I immediately reported it to Kim Neiss who said not to worry about it that they would reimburse me for whatever items had been stolen and that they even had surveillance and would immediately terminate the employee who stole the items. This happened on a Saturday and she assured me should would contact me on Monday which she did not. After another week went by, again I asked about my jewelry and she told me not to worry that her and I were going to be meeting with the owner, Mr. Scarpelli at 3 PM. When I showed up I was informed that Mr. Scarpelli was not there.Instead I was greeted by a man named Charlie who was Kim's boss who again reassured me that I would be reimbursed but I needed to speak with a woman named Robbi who would be handling my claim.
Since Robbi had no knowledge of the theft yet, I relayed my complaint yet again to Robbi and It was suggested that I call the police department again to amend my complaint, which I did directly at Raymond Chevrolet. Two days later she called me back and said that I should call Paul Praxmier from Corkhill Ins. Company as they were going to file a claim with their insurance company.
I called Paul the following day and he said that he would call Raymond Chevrolet and get back to me. A week passed with no call from Paul. On Nov 21, 2012 I called Paul who informed me that Raymond Chevrolet was not going to file a claim. So again I am getting the run around even though I was promised that they would take care of everything because they do not want an "unhappy customer." Not only am I an unhappy customer, I have been repeatedly lied to by senior management at Raymond Chevrolet.
I would like to be reimbursed for the full retail value of the items that were stolen out of my car due to their negligence.
RESPONSE FROM RAYMOND CHEVROLET
On October 19, 2012 Rxxxx Dxxxx dropped off her vehicle stating that the engine was overheating in stop and go traffic. Due to the nature of the concern we told her it would require time to diagnose and gave her a loaner vehilcle at no charge.......R Long gave Ms. Dxxxxx Paul Praxmier's phone number from Corkhill insurance which is Raymond Chevrolet's insurance carrier as they are investigating the case as well.
MY COUNTER RESPONSE
On two separate occasions both Charlie Hansmeyer and Marty Goeke directly and explicitly told me they would indeed reimburse me which is how I was introduced to Ms. Robbi Long who intern told me they had decided to file a claim with their insurance company. She then provided me with Mr.Paul Praxmier name, phone number and the insurance company name, Corkhill Ins. Co. and I contacted him on two separate occasions. The first time I contacted Mr. Praxmier's office I was told that they needed to get some paperwork from Raymond Chevrolet and to check back with him in a week, which I did. It is during this conversation I was told that Raymond Chevrolet would not be filing a claim as they have decided to handle it on their own; which is when I contacted the BBB.
In their response they claim that their insurance company is "investigating the case" as well. If so, then please have Raymond Chevrolet provide me with the claim number demonstrating that their insurance company is investigating the case as I was told differently by their insurance agent.
I followed everything Raymond Chevrolet has asked me to do, which they said was necessary before they could reimburse me. This included included filing 2 police reports, providing a complete list of items stolen and their approx values from my vehicle with any receipts I still had. Additionally, I came in numerous times as requested and met with the various people they said was necessary, including the owner Mr. Scarpelli, which never occurred. Again, please have Raymond Chevrolet provide me with the insurance claim number, resulting in the "investigation" by Corkhill Ins. Company, so I may follow up on the insurance claim and work with them directly.
IF THEY HAVE INDEED FILED A CLAIM, I AM HAPPY TO WORK WITH THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE BUT AS OF THIS POSTING THEY HAVE NOT PROVIDED ME WITH AN ACTUAL CLAIM NUMBER DESPITE THEIR CONTINUAL DIRECTION TO POINTING ME TO THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY. STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "We bought out Montana 12 months ago. Very happy with the lay out, but the first trip we had the awning coming apart, rooftop vent missing,siding buckling,and drawers not staying..."
- "My wife almost got killed when the fifth wheel plate broke off from faulty welding now my lawyer and I can't get ahold of them..."
- "Thank you, 304monarch, Typically I'm pretty good at not feeling shameful in regards to google price checking or looking at product reviews I need in front of whoever before purchasing..."
- "THEY GET -5000 STARS! I thought I was getting a good deal from a good company when I chose Luna. I should have read the reviews here first. My..."
- "Worst customer service. I bought TV and its damage pcs. I have file a complain and its been 5 days no one come back to me for this issue.Never buy..."
- "I bought the no chip top coat with the biggest regret! It is the worst nail polish that i have ever used and it was the biggest waste of R70..."
- "When the Supershuttle driver picked me up at the Tampa airport he opened the van door and took my golf bag, but when we arrived and he gave me my..."
- "I need to share my experience at The Spa at Southern Highlands (managed by WTS International, Itc. and Pacific Links International), in Las Vegas. I will share it in a..."